Past Simple Negative Exercise
In this past simple negative exercise with answers you can test your knowledge of the simple past tense.
There are further simple past quizzes on:
There are also free downloads of the past simple negative quiz so you can print them off and also use them in class if you are a teacher.
Show/Hide the Answers
- She didn’t accept the job
- Sofie didn’t draw a picture
- I didn’t go to the party on time
- They didn’t find out who stole it
- She didn’t choose her favourite film
- They didn’t hear the door closing
- I didn’t have porridge for breakfast
- They didn’t know she had gone
- The staff didn’t want a pay rise
- The boy didn’t lie on the grass
- They didn’t allow him to come late
- She didn’t point at the sky
- Peter didn’t mean to fix the door
- We didn’t work hard last year
- John didn’t sell his son’s car
If you found this printable past simple negative exercise with answers useful, also check out our other grammar worksheets that can be printed.
Any questions or comments about the grammar discussed on this page?
Post your comment here.